Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A deliciously easy dessert

When my old roommate, Nisha, came to our house for dinner with her boyfriend Tim, she made this delectable dessert. When she told me how she did it and how easy it was, I couldn't wait to try it out on my own in one of the numerous variations. Here's the recipe:

Ice Cream Pie

1qt ice cream, softened (Nisha used chocolate, I used vanilla)
Candy or cookies of choice (Nisha used grasshopper cookies, I used peanut butter cups)
1 graham cracker pie crust

Mix cookies/candy in with the softened ice cream. Save some to garnish the top. Pour into graham cracker crust and freeze for 1-2 hours.

So easy! So delicious! I forgot to take a picture before Ben and I cut into it last night but here are some pictures of the pie!

Not as pretty as it would have looked if it weren't cut into. But Ben and I really enjoyed the pieces we ate together! Yumm!

A slice of the pie! Seriously, this couldn't be easier and the options are ENDLESS!

No comments: