Tuesday, September 30, 2008

30th Celebration, Part 1.

Friday, September 26th was my 30th Birthday. I wasn't looking forward to it until a few days before. My husband did a lot to make the day wonderful and he even made the celebration last until Saturday (which will be part 2).

Friday morning I woke up to a path of rose petals from our bedroom down the hall to the kitchen. Our apartment is nice enough but I am looking forward to buying a house when our lease is up. Anyway, here's a picture of the path....

.....to the kitchen where he had left a few of my presents. Last winter my favorite pair of boots were ruined so he bought me some cute new ones as well as some delcious chocolates.

Along with the presents, Ben left this note:



While at work, Ben had my favorite flower - gerbera daisies - sent to me. Aren't they lovely?


I left work a little early and so did Ben. When he walked through the door he was holding these:
More flowers! He thought that I would leave the work flowers at work and wanted me to have some at home as well. However, I couldn't leave my beautiful flowers at work where I wouldn't be enjoying them for two whole days. I brought them home.
We then went out to dinner and then on to my sister Angie's house for cake. It wouldn't be a complete birthday without spending some time with my precious niece, Abby.



Here's Abby grabbing her feet and doing the splits. Isn't she adorable?


The cupcake cake created by Angie.




I was more interested in watching Abby watch the cake than blowing out my candles. Go figure.



I love this picture. It totally looks as though she's holding the camera herself and taking a sassy picture for her facebook profile! I really hope she doesn't grow up that fast though.



Yes, I'm a mean aunt who tempts her infant niece with chocolate and icing.


But she's happy when she eats her healthy cereal!



Still hungry. Stocking feet don't taste that good but it sure is nice to be flexible!




Noses taste better than feet! Especially Mom's nose!





More flowers! These are from my Aunt Cathy.

All the flowers together. Such a happy kitchen table!

All in all it was a very happy birthday. Saturday was also a celebratory day and I'll be posting pictures from that later.

No comments: